Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tea Wisdom

from the Queen of Tea (Laura W.) herself...
___________________________________________________

The flavor of tea is released in hot water. The water must be steeped, not boiled. The hotter the water, the faster the tea will steep. Three to five minutes is sufficient.

English Breakfast tea is a blend of black teas from Ceylon and India. It goes well with milk.

Irish Breakfast is another strong black tea blend from Assam and Ceylon. It is also good with milk.

Flavored teas are basically black teas containing spices or fruit essences like lemon, apple and apricot.

Herbal teas are not actually teas at all. They are made from herb mixtures, roots, flowers, stems. When you brew them into “tea” you are actually making an infusion. To properly infuse herbal tea, bring fresh water to a boil, pour into teapot, then add dried herbs – one teaspoon per cup. Let steep for five to ten minutes, then strain into teacup. Sweeten with honey, if desired.

Scone rhymes with “lawn.”

While tea can be good for your health, remember that a tea is about relationships!

Desserts!

OK gals, I don’t cook, and I my favorite color is ORANGE! So, good luck if you are sitting at my table.

But lets talk about desserts. Gals, I don’t bake, but if you LOVE cheesecake, my table is where you want to be. I go to Meijer or Wal-Mart and buy the variety pack of cheesecakes! It is so yummy! If you like Turtle Cheesecake….WOW! Then, another option, you can ask Marge Cherry to make your dessert. She is an excellent dessert maker, and people love her desserts at my table! Another option, have someone sit beside you that you know has a great dessert and tell them that you all can share! That works for me!

Anyway, hope this gives you some wonderful ideas about your desserts.

(My daughter just informed me that I could go to kraft.com and get some wonderful ideas….that my dear is just way to much work!)

See you all at the tea!

1 comment:

Wendie Gabbard said...

Hey Tea Divas! Just a note about buying your dessert. Don't forget about the amazing Home Made Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in Springhurst. A whole pie for $15. Worth every penny and more. If you haven't tried them, stop by and get a slice of your choice on your next night out. (no, I don't work there or get a kick-back.) Go with a friend and then you can sample 2 at once!